Important notice - Use of your information
This policy explains how we, DPP Construction LLP (company number OC407542), will use the personal information that you provide us or that we obtain about you during and after your interactions with us.
For the purpose of clarity, DPP Construction LLP is referred to as “us” or “we” moving forwards.
Should you have any questions in relation to our use of personal data please contact us using the details below:
Telephone: 01293 822 666
This policy was last updated on 18th May 2018.
When we collect personal information
When you submit an enquiry through Checkatrade or Which Trusted Trader.
We currently list our business via the Checkatrade (https://www.checkatrade.com/) and Which Truster Trader (https://trustedtraders.which.co.uk/) websites. Upon submitting a form on our company page within these websites you submit your personal information to us for the purpose of providing you with the products and services you have requested in accordance with this privacy notice.
When you submit an enquiry through our website
When you submit a form via our website you submit your personal information to us for the purpose of providing you with the products and services you have requested in accordance with this privacy notice.
When you contact us via post, email or telephone
When you contact us by post, email or telephone we’ll keep copies or correspondence if it is material. We do not record telephone calls however, should you leave a voicemail via our telephone answering service this will be recorded on a local telephone or mobile telephone until the message has been retrieved. Please note that once relevant information has been retrieved the voicemail will be deleted.
When using our websites
When you visit our website (www.dppconstruction.com) we collect industry standard log data that will provide us with information about your visit. This includes but is not limited to information such as device type, browser, which pages you have visited and the duration of your visit. We use this information to help improve our customer experience via our website and ensure that our website is working properly.
When entering into an agreement with us
When entering into an agreement with us you provide us with personal information. We will also collect information throughout the duration of the agreement, such as payment history and correspondence between you and us. If you ask us to contact a third party on your behalf we will also process information about them such as their contact details or payment history if they make payment on your behalf.
Personal information that we collect
The personal information that we collect form the activity described above is as follows:
Personal information that you give to us:
Residential or commercial address
Contact details such as email address and telephone number
Use of your information
The purposes for which we use your information and the legal bases under data protection laws on which we rely to do this are as follows.
Performance of the contract: To allow us to take steps to enter into and complete our contract with you. This includes but is not limited to administering the agreement, managing your project, communicating with you, providing you with updates and visiting the site for estimation and completion of works. If you request for us to complete works
Legitimate interest: for the purpose of our operation this includes:
· Sending you information about products and services in relation to works
· Creating a better understanding of your needs as a customer
· Analysis of your experience and satisfaction, including asking you about experiences
· Management of queries and complaints
Consent: On the basis that we do not currently perform marketing activities with the use of personal information, consent for such activity has not been obtained. Should we decide to perform such activity in the future you would only receive this communication if you had provided us with consent to do so.
You can withdraw this consent at any stage by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at DPP Construction LLP, 60 Poynes Road, Horley, Surrey, RH6 8LT.
Use by third parties
We disclose your information to the following third parties as part of our contractual obligations:
· Third party contractors acting on our behalf, such as suppliers, architects, planning office etc. This is to assist us with administering your agreement with us. Their privacy notice will apply to any processing of information they carry out about you.
· Courts in the United Kingdom as necessary to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, to protect vital interests and to protect the security and integrity of our business operation.
· Our professional advisors, including our accountants where required
· Upon request, for the operation of business, such as HMRC revenue and customs.
Your authorised third parties
Prior to and during the course of an agreement, you may ask us to deal with or communicate with a third party on your behalf. If this is the case we’ll store limited information about the third party such as address and contact details. This information will be removed at your or their request or will otherwise be retained in the same way as your account information. You can terminate this authorisation at any time. We will not use your authorised third party’s information for the purposes of marketing.
Where we store your information
We store your information on servers located within the European Economic Area (EEA).
Retention of your information
If we enter into an agreement with you we hold your information for 7 years from the date at which your agreement ends, or as long as necessary thereafter to deal with any queries or our legal duties.
Security and links to other websites
General transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure due to its nature. Although we do our best to protect your persona information, we cannot guarantee the security of information submitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we put in place reasonable and appropriate controls to ensure that it remains secure against accidental or unlawful unauthorised access.
Our website contains links to other websites run and managed by other organisations. This policy does not comply to other websites, so we encourage you to read their privacy statements. We cannot be held responsible for their privacy policies and practices of other websites even if we provide access to them.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER DATA PROTECTION LAW
Under data protection law you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. In relation to certain rights we may ask you for information to confirm your identity to assist us in searching for your personal information. Except in rare cases we will respond within 30 days after we receive this information, or where not required, after we have received your request.
· To be informed about the processing of your information. This is set out in this privacy notice.
· Accessing your personal information. You have a right to ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you by emailing us at email@example.com or writing to us at DPP Construction LLP, 60 Poynes Road, Horley, Surrey, RH6 8LT. We may not provide you with a copy of your personal information if this concerns other individuals or we have another lawful reason to withhold that information.
· Correcting and updating your personal information. The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change your name or address/email address, or you discover that any information that we hold is inaccurate or out of date please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at DPP Construction LLP, 60 Poynes Road, Horley, Surrey, RH6 8LT.
· Withdrawing your consent. Where we rely on consent for processing personal information you may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or writing to us at DPP Construction LLP, 60 Poynes Road, Horley, Surrey, RH6 8BZ.
· Objecting to our use of your personal information. Where we rely on legitimate interest to process personal information for any reason you may object to us using your personal information for these purposes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at DPP Construction LLP, 60 Poynes Road, Horley, Surrey, RH6 8BZ. If we agree that your objection is justified in accordance with your rights under data protection laws we will permanently stop using your data for those purposes. Otherwise we will provide you with a justification as to why we need to continue using your data.
· Erasing your personal information or restricting its processing. There are certain circumstances where you may ask for your personal details to be removed from our systems. You can do this by emailing us at email@example.com or writing to us at DPP Construction LLP, 60 Poynes Road, Horley, Surrey, RH6 8BZ. Provided that we do not have any continuing lawful reason to hold your data we will make reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
· Transferring your personal information in a structured data file. Where we rely on consent for processing personal information you may ask us to provide you with a copy of the information in a structured data file. We will provide this electronically in a commonly used and machine readable format, such as a CSV file.
· You can ask us to send your personal information directly to another service provider, and we will do so if technically possible. We may not provide you with personal information if it concerns another individual or we have a lawful reason to withhold that information.
If you have any questions or concerns in relation to the way that we process your personal information please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at DPP Construction LLP, 60 Poynes Road, Horley, Surrey, RH6 8BZ.
As we are continuously improving our business and respond to customer needs, this policy may change over time to reflect our operation. Any changes will be posted directly to our website and/or by contacting you by post.